About Carolina Solano:
Carolina is from South Florida where her fiercely supportive immigrant parents reside. Throughout her life, she travelled to Venezuela, Colombia, and Spain to visit her families. She received her B.A. in Graphic Design and B.S. in Media Management from the University of Miami in 2011. She moved to Chicago in 2016 and is currently on track to complete her J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2019. She is an advocate of intersectional movements focused on the protection and advancement of human rights.
Leadership & Experience:
- Volunteer: The Domestic Violence Legal Clinic and Family Rescue, assisting victims of domestic violence with Orders of Protection
- Captain: Chicago-Kent's Nationally Ranked Trial Advocacy Team
- Awards: 2nd Place at the Queens, New York National Criminal Mock Trial Competition in 2017
- Student Representative: Hispanic-Latinx Law Student Association (HLLSA); Lawyers Assistance Program (LAP)
- Chicago-Kent, College of Law: Juris Doctor - Present
- University of Miami: B.S. in Media Management and B.A. in Graphic Design - 2011
- Paralegal Certification - 2009
- Student Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Student Member, Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois
- Student Member, Women's Bar Association of Illinois
Before joining McEntee Law Group, Carolina worked in Chicago's non-profit sector with domestic violence advocacy groups such as Family Rescue and the Domestic Violence Legal Clinic. At the University of Miami, she worked in the International Admissions Office which was her first experience working with student visas. She worked for Univision Network for a few years before moving to Chicago for her law school career.