About Michael Ibrahim:
Born to immigrant parents who fled their homeland in search of a better life, Michael's life story mirrors that of many immigrants. Michael sees his parents' story in his clients' stories. He acknowledges and understands the difficulties and stresses an immigrant may face in the United States. Michael is forthright and passionate about his work.
Michael handles various family based immigration matters. He also handles complex inadmissibility waivers, removal defense cases, and humanitarian matters. He counsels attorneys nationwide on the immigration consequences of a criminal matter. Michael earned his Juris Doctor from DePaul University College of Law and his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.
- State of Illinois / Estado de Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Executive Office for Immigration Review / Corte de Inmigración
- DePaul University College of Law: Juris Doctor, Certificate in Public Interest Law, 2013
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and International Studies, 2010
- Assyrian American Bar Association
- Immigration Law Committee Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- AILA Chicago Litigation Committee Member
- AILA Chicago CVLS Committee Member
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
Michael knew from early on that he wanted to be an immigration lawyer. He got his start in the legal field at a handful of legal aid organizations. He then clerked for the U.S. Attorneys Office, Criminal Division and a prominent removal defense firm in Chicago. Once licensed, Michael began working as an associate attorney at a handful of prominent family-based immigration law firms. Michael is now the Principal Attorney at Ibrahim Law Office, LLC., and serves Of Counsel at McEntee Law Group. His combination of experiences gives him a unique insight into the immigration consequences of other relevant matters.