About Rebecca Rangel:
Rebecca Rangel is an attorney born and raised in Illinois but who has lived, worked and studied in Ecuador. She is bilingual in English and Spanish and currently represents individuals, families and business on inbound U.S. immigration, nationality and visa matters in Quito, Ecuador. She is familiar with all phases of litigation and has experience drafting briefs, motions, memorandums of law, preparing for trial and negotiating settlement agreements. Rebecca conducts efficient and comprehensive research for law offices and solo practitioners; she drafts organized and easy to understand legal documents in a variety of practice areas.
Having practiced law for over 7 years at firms in Chicago and Ecuador, she has unique knowledge of both the legal system in the U.S.A. and in Ecuador. Rebecca’s insight and experience allow her to help clients understand the complicated cross-border and sometimes counter-intuitive differences between legal systems and cultures. She is now the Leading Attorney for Rangel Legal and serves Of Counsel for McEntee Law Group.
- 2013-2014: Chambers Global, USA and Ecuador
- 2007: Cali Excellence in Education, Highest Grade in Immigration Law and Policy Course, Chicago Kent College of Law
- 2008: Chicago-Kent College of Law, Juris Doctor, Certificate in Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 2005: University of Alabama, Master of Arts in Elementary Education
- 2003: University of Illinois, Bachelor of Arts in History and Spanish
- Co-Chair of the Quito-Guayaquil International City Chapter of the American Bar Association (ABA)